Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

This and That

I want to thank you all for your prayers on Saturday, I am much better now, it is just a one-day a year funk that I go through. I am focusing this week on the here and now. Meaning, our youngest son, who is here now for his college spring break. I will be very busy this week cooking real food, as he does not want anything from a microwave or remotely considered fast food. Yesterday I made him a Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake, which I hope he eats lots of. Two of his friends are coming to visit later in the week and he wants steaks when they come, but I am not sure the new budget will allow them. We will see, maybe if I buy nothing else at the store...for a week.

He is getting very excited about his upcoming trip to Kenya; we will go out later in the week to pick up trip necessities. His group will have a six-hour layover in Zurich, Switzerland. Oh, how he is hoping to get out of the airport. One of his goals in life is to visit all seven continents (I questioned him about Antarctica, but it is still on his list). He is planning on counting Europe when he lands in Switzerland. What do you think Bloggers, is that legal. Believe it or not, after Kenya he will have 4 of the 7 off his list. (If we allow Europe)

Well, now much more for now, but I wanted to let you all know that I am doing fine.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I say he counts it for now and then plans on going back later for a more productive visit!

I was at 2nd Sunday morning. I missed you guys though because I went to 11:00 service and you were all gone by the time I looked for you!! Next time!

FarmWife said...

I guess we can give it to him...but he really should go back and get the full effect. Someone who wants to see Antartica shouldn't settle for an airport.

Oh, and can I come over for Texas Sheet Cake?! Please?