Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby it's Cold Outside!

I know I am one of the fortunate ones, my school district cancelled today.  I do not have to go out in this cold except to open the door to let my dog go out.  I can stay hunkered down in my warm house and do whatever I wish.  

Today I am tackling some much neglected jobs.  I have to say that I am actually still behind in doing some of the things I neglected during my health issues.

Dresser drawers for example.  Mine were a mess.  I was still fighting summer clothes and crowding.  I couldn't really tackle the jobs requiring a lot of usage of my arms so I put it off.  Then I went back to school and really didn't have the time for concentrated jobs.  Today I started that job early on and all 5 of my drawers are neat and tidy and uncluttered.  

I have also stripped the bed and have the bedding washing.  I will not remake it though because our mattress requires flipping.  Husband will have to do that this evening.  

After my bedroom is vacuumed and dusted I think I will move on to my kitchen and bake cookies.  Youngest heads back to school tomorrow for 2nd semester and needs some cookies to take back with him.  

After all that, I might be lazy for a while.  

I am wondering about tomorrow.  There is a chance things will be just as bad tomorrow and perhaps no school again.   I am sure I will find something to do. 

No comments: