Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Catch Up



I hit CVS and Walgreens and bought everything in the picture for $8.60.

I have not blogged for almost a week, so today I will probably post twice. 

 This one is a bargain post...next one may be more serious because I am sorting some things out in my head today. 

First of all, for those of you that are very observant, you might notice that I had added a new feature on my sidebar, and have since removed it.  It was a listing of things I have obtained free with coupons.  Oh boy.  I could not keep up with it.  I probably average 10 or more things every week that are totally free, then there was the dilemma about posting things that are free because of Extra Care Bucks.  I had not been posting them, and in reality, they were free to me.  So, instead of trying to catch up,  I just stopped all-together.  I will occasionally post pictures though so you can still get a taste of everything out there that is free for the taking.  Just don't take them before I do. 

These are my bargains for today:

At CVS I purchased 5 bottles of the Gillette Shampoo, each came out free due to coupons and Extra Care Bucks.  The cough drops were free due to free coupons that printed out with my card, and the Mr. Goodbars (husband's favorite) I  bought as fillers to make sure I spent enough real money to use the Extra Care Bucks I had in my purse.  I spent $14.58 in Extra Care Bucks, plus $1. 51 in real cash (mostly for tax) and earned $15.00 in new Extra Care Bucks.  

 I won't pay more than $1.25 for cereal,  and today Walgreens had these cereals for $1.99 each.  I had $1.00 coupons expiring today, so I stocked up.  $0.99 per box of cereal works for me, and  husband LOVES his nightly bowl of sweet cereal.  I also walked away with 4 candy bars that were free due to buy one get one free manufacturer's coupons and Walgreens weekly coupon.  

Summary:
7 boxes of cereal
2 packages of cough drops
5 bottles of shampoo
and 6 candy bars 

total:  $8.60 

Great day for the stockpile. 

No comments: