Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Monday, April 9, 2007

Back to School

I returned to school today, much to my dismay. Our weather for spring break was quite awful. I did accomplish quite a bit at home, so even though the weather was yucky I guess it was a good break. Youngest son finally did begin to share stories about his trip, and it sounds like it was a great week. The work they set out to do was completed and for a treat at the end of the week, they took 20 children from the slum (those with the best grades at school) to a giraffe park to feed the giraffes. He escaped any form of stomach bugs, although some in their group were hit hard. All in all it was quite an experience and he is willing to go again if the opportunity presents itself. Now to move on to the next family challenge: Number one son’s upcoming graduations and trip to Amsterdam. I do not know what I will do this summer when there is no major event to be planned out (or stressed out because of). I guess I will have to hire my services out as an event planner and fundraiser. I think there might be a great corporate job in my future if I try hard enough. If only they would let me work in my pajamas we might strike up a deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'd be in 7th Heaven if I would be allowed to work in my pajamas, but then I would know I was in Heaven. Because that just isn't possible around here these days.

Glad son had a great time, and no stomach bugs. Saying prayers all works out and lines up for #1 son and his trip to Amsterdam.