Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

100 Years Ago Today



On this day, 100 years ago, my Father was born. That is a bit strange to even type, thinking that if he were alive he would be 100 years old and we would be throwing a huge party. However, he passed away when he was 72, so he will forever remain that age in my memory. But just think, he was born 100 years ago. I surfed the Internet and found many sites devoted to life 100 years ago. Quite interesting.

Now, in case you think I am 75 or 80, I am not. I am the last of 9 children, born to an already “older” father. The first photo was taken when he was about 27 years old, the other at my wedding in 1978. He passed away in October of 1979.

Happy Birthday Daddy.

No comments: