Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Friday, June 1, 2007

Remember me?

I am the world’s worst blogger. I did start with good intentions. Maybe now that school is out (did you hear me scream yippee?) I will do this with some regularity.

So, at this point the major events that I had been awaiting have passed. Oldest son has graduated college, actually walking in the ceremonies from two colleges on the same day, and receiving two degrees. The graduation party was wonderful with many good friends coming to see him and wish him well. He also has left for his trip to Amsterdam. We took him to the airport on Tuesday, and while I held it together during our goodbyes, I did start crying immediately afterwards. Ironically, God provided a diversion though when we got lost in the airport as we were trying to leave. And I have only cried once since then. The communication age has been a huge blessing though, as we have emailed a few times and instant messaged as well. He is doing well, adjusting to his position and is anxiously awaiting a bike, which will be provided for him when one is available.

Youngest son is home for the summer and has worked hard to get his room just how he likes it, including all 300 plus books which he has collected. Somehow my boys have acquired the collecting gene, which is not necessarily a good thing when you long for less clutter. Although, I am not really referring to their collections as clutter.

So, please hang in with me. I will get back into this blogging and just might surprise you all with my words of wisdom.

2 comments:

FarmWife said...

Welcome Back, Aunt SB. I didn't realize it was time for JS to be gone already! Wow! I pray he has a wonderful time.

Grace said...

I'm so glad you've joined us again. It was great seeing you yesterday and today.

Grace