Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Date Night

Tonight was “date night”, but of a different type. Youngest son and I went out for the evening. Husband is away on a church elder field trip of sorts, so that left youngest and I alone for the night. While I am busy reading “To Kill A Mockingbird” and really wanted to finish it tonight and move on to another classic, I decided a night out with youngest would be wise. We went out to eat and then to the movie, “Evan Almighty”. Now, I will say that I had reservations about this movie and was afraid that it might compromise my beliefs, but on the contrary, it reinforced them. It is a delightful, fun, movie that has many lessons to remind us of how God wants us to live. Go see it.

I was also very thankful to spend the evening with youngest. He is such a neat guy. I know there won’t be a lot of date nights in our future (at least not with each other) , so I am grateful for these moment we do have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang on to every minute ya got with him.

Lauren said...

How special. Thanks for the movie review- I was wondering about it!