Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summer Job?

I love summer.

I am off work, but in many ways I work harder.

I have started right in this morning doing all sorts of things. So far today I have:

~Woke up early with husband, fixed him some toast and saw him off to work
~Made the bed.
~Ironed 8 pieces of my clothing (Last week I re- configured my closet and added a lower bar- twice the room for clothes, and since it is all fresh and nice inside with new paint I am motivated to keep my clothes nice as well.)
~Started the dishwasher...boy, that was hard work- ha!
~Walked outside for 25 minutes
~Put two coats of polyurethane on my newly re-stained dining room table (it was getting ugly looking. Third coat will go on later today.
~Watered all my plants
~Washed the car, only to discover there is a problem with a rear window, it has fallen and can’t get up! (Nice thing to discover when you are washing the car!)

Soon, husband will be home for lunch, then I am going out to lunch with girlfriends, and afterwards I am taking 5 skirts that I can once again wear to Mother in Law’s house. She will help me mark them because I have decided I no longer like the long skirt length. I am just too short. I am going to have them marked just at the knee, but not over.
I love it when I am highly motivated!


** Just to let you know, oldest son is doing great in Amsterdam! He is meeting lots of people and doing great things. This is just what he needed to get out of his shell a bit! He was thrown in with a bunch of kids near his age and no one knew each other. It is easier for him to meet people like that when they are all "equal" and no cliques or groups are already established. Continue to pray for him. I am praying that he is having the time of his life and that God stretches him in many ways. I do wish he would email some pictures or update his sites. So far, I have no proof that he is really in Amsterdamthough, he could be in New Jersey for all I know!

3 comments:

FarmWife said...

He's probably hiding out in some small town nearby...and has pocketed all his missions money to spend on cameras & film...the bum! :)

Glad you're getting so much accomplished. Maybe you're nesting.

Grace said...

Ha! Nesting, that's funny! You should see my house right now. Packing always makes a mess. I been working hard all morning too, but I can't tell I've done anything by empty stuff all over my upstairs.

Inkling said...

Actually, if I knew how to work with photoshop, I could help prove he's in Amsterdam. Just give me a copy of that huge nude photo shoot taken just days after he arrived there, a good head shot of your eldest, and a few minutes. But alas, I don't know how to use photoshop that way, and I should probably behave myself anyway.