Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Girl's Day Out

Today I traveled the one-hour drive to my hometown to visit my sister and my niece, who is expecting her first child. We spent the day first going to resale shops, because we are all bargain hunters and are trying to make the most of our money. At two shops I managed to purchase a total of 5 items. Now that both my sister and I have lost weight, shopping for clothing is once again fun. Well, except for the fact that we are so close to the same size right now, that it makes finding the best bargain a trick. Especially when you both spy the same item at the same time. Finding a top for 3.49 seemed like a fantastic buy. It was a fantastic buy, until after our tasty lunch when we went to Kohl’s and found that their clearance sale blew the resale shop’s prices out of the water. Tee shirts for $2.40, before an additional 15% off, and slacks for $3.60! I am quite happy right now at the amount of clothing I purchased with very little damage to our budget!

It was a good day: good shopping, good lunch, and good visiting. These past few days have been full of wonderful visits with family that I just do not see enough. My summer is turning out just fine. I am missing oldest son though while he is away, but I am so happy for him that it takes the edge off.

Youngest son is in a happy place right now as well. His new computer speakers arrived today and provide quite a nice sound. He is working this summer with his dad, but really needs an additional job.

Well, a short post for now, but I at least am posting. Must figure out supper.

4 comments:

Queen Mother said...

Sounds like lots of fun. When is baby due? (I forgot)

I brought most of my butter bells home. Next trip up I will give mom and farm wife their's. I should take pictures, like flat stanley or your little bear.

Anonymous said...

bargain shopping/clearance bins are the best kind of shopping..i love finding good deals...glad to see you posting again..i was getting ready to send out a possi to look for ya.

FarmWife said...

Does youngest son babysit? if so I may have a gig for him...3 perfectly behaved children....all summer...they could even come to him. :)

FarmWife said...

Oh, i forgot to mention...he won't get paid.

Think he'll be interested?