Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Monday, June 25, 2007

I am not a good stripper

Well, let me explain.

For the past week I have been working on our antique dining room table. It was getting quite sad looking and needed sanded, stained, and a few coats of polyurethane. I was getting along peachy until I noticed that one half of the table lacked the luster and shine of the other half. Panic set in and I was about to wonder if I had messed the table up forever. Thanks to the wise counsel of a brother-in-law and my friendly neighborhood paint store I am now well on my way to a beautiful table. For those taking notes, I believe you should always do business with the neighborhood father and son businesses when possible. My particular guys are brilliant when it comes to anything pertaining to wood or paint and have saved me on several occasions. Some may think that the prices in these small stores are too high compared to the “mega-marts” out there, but you will never match their knowledge and customer service. The man GAVE me enough of a product to use which was the remedy to my problem. Last week he worked until he could blend a stain color, which matched my antique table exactly.

So, thanks to those smarter that me, I am learning to strip, and re-finish, and eventually my projects will be completed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The table sounds beautiful.