Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

So Very Busy

Gee, I have not posted for a while!

School sure has a way of keeping me busy.  I miss my days off where I could post whenever I wanted to.  

Here are a few highlights in bullet form;

  • School has gone well since returning from break. The teacher I work with has graciously allowed me to read my very favorite children's book to the class and we have been having a great time with it.  I cannot underline the title in this program, so forgive me, but it is The Boxcar Children.  We have done a lot of special things so far,  made homemade bread, (bread machines) tasted blueberries, had "brown" cookies,  and played "Stump the Teacher".  --Ha! I have only read this book about 15 times, so it will be hard for them to stump me with a Boxcar question. 
  • We had a great family weekend with husband's family.  His niece from Canada and her husband and new baby were home so the weekend was filled with visits and eating.  Maybe too much visiting and eating, as 6 family members have come down with a 24 hour bug so far. 
  • And yes, I have been bargain hunting.  Sorry, no pictures or details this time, but let me say that Walgreens in my new friend.  They look forward to my visits and always let me leave with a smile on my face. 
So there you have it. A quick version of my last week and a half.  I will attempt to catch things up on a more regular fashion.  Maybe. 


2 comments:

Grace said...

It was so wonderful getting to be with Inkling and meet that beautiful, baby boy finally. I'm so glad your family time together was good.

Anonymous said...

You did such a wonderful job bringing "The Boxcar Children" alive for our students. I know that book will be their very favorite book for a long time to come. And "stump the teacher" was funjucational! We certainly have built a lot of memories together. Thank you!