Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm Tired

~Pretty flowers in freshly mulched bed~

I think that when Monday rolls around I will be glad to get back to school so I can sit down!  I have had a very busy week.  I am so glad though to have accomplished as much as we have.  No major work in the house like we did last year, but I have gotten a lot done in the way of cleaning, pitching, organizing, and yard work. (plus enough bargain hunting to sustain me for a few days)

This is the run down of the week:
  
  • Made many trips to Kmart for double coupon madness(whoo-hoo)
  • A visit to several stores in my sister's town (oh yeah, I visited my sister too)
  • A major de-junking of the basement (more to go--ALWAYS more to go)
  • My winter clothes are packed away in suitcases and spring has arrived in my closet
  • Finished raking fall leaves out of the flowerbeds
  • Mulch spread on 3/4  of the flower beds and borders--had not mulched for about 4 years
  • (We bought 45 bags of mulch! Started out with 25 and realized soon that was not going to cut it--I know we should have bought by the yard, to be more frugal, but we got a good price and  convenience  won out this time) 
  • --Plan to finish mulching tomorrow
  • Hosed down the porch and patio and purchased two new chairs for the front porch
  • Moved the treadmill from the sun-room into my new "multi-purpose" room
  • Deep cleaned youngest' bedroom
  • Made 3 batches of homemade waffles and  froze 23 divided up in freezer bags
  • Helped a friend take a meal to friends at the hospital in a nearby town
  • Laundry is caught up, the freezer and pantry are full,  so tomorrow when husband gets off work we will go out on the town (for us that would consist of dinner and a movie at best, but it is a night out)
I have had a good week, even though it has not been the lay on the beach type of break.  I was so limited last summer when it came to working around my house , that it actually feels good to do all of this again.  I did not work in my yard at all last year due to health reasons  after planting a few things in my garden.  Friends helped with everything else,  and it sure does feel good to play in the dirt again. 


No comments: