Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Waffles on a Weekday?



Too bad my boys are not home this morning!  They might even rise up and call me blessed. Well, probably not.  I did get very ambitious though and make homemade waffles.  I found an incredible whole-wheat, overnight recipe here.  You will have to check out that blog.  This lady could come cook for me anytime!  

This waffle batter is so cool because you mix it up the night before and put it in the fridge where it does its magic.  Then the next morning you heat the waffle iron, and whalla!  (how do you spell that?)  *****correction*****"whalla" is actually "voila" with a schwa over the letter a (not that I know how to type the schwa)******(thanks Aunt D.) 

Next time though I will double the recipe.  I was hoping for many more so I could freeze quite a few for when the boys are home.  This made 8 waffles.  My waffle-maker makes 7 inch round waffles, which are not very big.  Husband and I loved them this morning and each ate one and a half.  I have 5 for the freezer.   I love that the whole wheat is not overpowering so that you can still taste your syrup.  I am thinking that while the waffle maker is sitting in the kitchen (it lives in the basement) I might just make up a double batch and let them work their magic during the day. It only takes a few minutes to make each one so I might just do that.   

We could have waffles for supper...

2 comments:

Penny said...

those look really good! I do not like pancakes, but I like waffles? is that weird or what? I need to find a waffle maker, I'm sure my hubby would love that..
i really enjoy reading about your shopping trips! I dont have as much time during tax season to do that, but will after April 15th! but I did go to Thirfty threads and got 2 tops and a pair of jeans for hubby for $8.26!! that's not bad!

A Thrifty Mom said...

MMM they look so good, some strawberries, whip cream...syrup..ahh
And oh thanks for adding my site to your page..