Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Monday, May 30, 2011

C is for Christ





is for Christ



I know that some of you expected me to say coupons.

I agree, coupons are a big part of my life lately, collecting, organizing, clipping, using, and teaching. However, and I stress this, I refuse to let them become my life.

My life, and all that it is about is found in Christ.

I was raised in a small church, which was mostly comprised of my family. I actually thought it was my Grandma's church and that she was in charge. In all due respect, I think she thought that at times as well. That church was not the best fit for me, and as I grew a bit older, I avoided it. When I was in high school my best friend started inviting me to her church and I liked it. I kept coming back, and finally, when I was a junior, I was baptized. Now, I already was a believer, but just had held off making a full commitment to Christ until then.

I can't imagine what my life would be like otherwise. Becoming a Christian has placed my life on a certain track: going to Bible College, meeting my husband, living where I do. Even the children I have was determined by that one choice.

I love my life. I love the fact that my husband and I have always had Christ in the center of everything, that our commitment to each other and the value we place on our marriage is all wrapped up in our faith.

Those of you who know me well know that there have been dark days in my life. As I have said before, I do not know how anyone faces trials without a firm foundation in the Lord.

If these 26 posts are intended to reveal more about me, then in all reality, I would be proud to stop now, because above all else, this is what I want my legacy to be.

C is definitely for Christ.

No comments: