Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Count the word "cheesecake"

It is late as I type this, really late when you factor in “spring ahead” into the equation. I am trying to pass some time while cheesecakes are baking and cooling. Tomorrow night we are having our small group Bible study at our house and I got the bright idea to make cheesecakes. That was before I decided to spend all evening shopping out of town with my friend. Not to worry, it will all work out and I will just have some late quiet time while I wait. I am new to the wonderful world of cheesecake. Those of you, who know me, know I love to bake. However, I had not attempted cheesecake until a couple of months ago, and then only after my sister came up to give me a lesson. We are talking REAL cheesecake here. Not that no-bake variety. This is the authentic New York style cream cheesecake. Four packages of cream cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream mixed together into a creamy, yummy smooth cheesecake. This is an excellent recipe, straight from Junior’s in Brooklyn. My sister has been making this delicious dessert for a long time, but I was always a bit intimidated by the process. She taught me well, and now I feel it is “a piece of cake”. Pun intended. The very odd thing is, and please do not gag at this…is that I am also making the main course for our small group (we like to eat). We are having homemade pizza before cheesecake. I know, that sounds really strange, but if you think of it as an Italian meal followed by a small sliver of cheesecake it does not sound so bad. I may have a lot left over if it does not go well, so come on over if you want some.

4 comments:

Queen Mother said...

If we were home you wouldn't have to worry about any left over cheesecake. Pa would take care of it for you. He loves cheesecake

FarmWife said...

OH, cheesecake! I'll pack the diaper bag, throw Bitsy in the car seat & be there by dinner time. I'm sure FarmBoy won't mind me driving 3 hours for cheesecake!

Grace said...

Oh man! I want some! Although I'd also settle for some of those little cookies that you made for Inkling's shower!

FarmWife said...

OH, yeah, I'm with Grace...cookies!