Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter 2008

What a wonderful Easter.

Did you celebrate our Lord’s resurrection?

Our morning service was wonderful. Husband sang in the choir and it was amazing as usual. After church we went to husband’s parents for a delicious dinner. I made desserts and have way too much left over, so if you want, stop by for a piece of cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, or apple pie.

Both of our sons were with us because yesterday afternoon I could not stand the thought of youngest spending Easter alone in his apartment and going to Easter services alone, so I sent oldest to go pick him up and bring him home. My heart is full because of the meaning of the day, and having my family together.

Tomorrow we dig into our remodeling projects and repairs throughout the house. I took one picture of the bathroom and will post the before and after when it is completed. It might be a while though because I learned yesterday that the shower curtain I ordered is on back order. I will take a picture when it is all finished and decorated.

I have found many bargains since my last post but I am choosing not to post and gloat about each one. Lets just say I have been very successful and am learning the art of CVSing. There are many web sites, which could teach you these tricks much better than I, so I won’t go into all the details.

I will try to keep you updated this week on all the work progress. You might say a prayer that husband, my brother, and I have a peaceful week of what could be quite stressful.

No comments: