Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Monday, April 7, 2008

Bargains Galore!



WHEW !

Tonight I did my weekly shopping both at Walgreens and CVS. I will not break down each item as far as exact sale price, coupon amounts , and Extra Care Bucks spent , but I will give you the totals. For everything in the picture, my before sale prices total would be $185.25 . Not good enough for me. My store sale prices before my coupons and Extra Care Bucks would be, $144.00. Still not good enough. My actual total after all my coupons, and the Extra Care Bucks I used for the CVS items, was just $24.97 for everything in the picture ! Plus, I left the CVS with $23.00 in new Extra Care Bucks, and the Pepcid has a $5.50 rebate. Not bad I say. I am spending on average, a total of about $10.00 - $15.00 (combined) at these two stores each week. Some weeks it is just a couple of bucks. Tonight was one of my my most expensive weeks. At these two stores I am purchasing all my health and beauty items, cleaning products, laundry items, and even food items (when Walgreens and CVS have a sale I like and products I will use). My actual grocery store spending has shrunk considerably because none of these items are coming from the grocery. It is amazing how little you spend when all you buy is actual food. Yes, I have stockpiles now of health and beauty items, but I will not have to go out and pay full price for any of our essentials. I have also shared quite a few items since I have been shopping this way, and it is quite fun to be able to do so.

So here is what I was able to purchase for $24.97:

3- Boxes of Kleenex
4 -Air Wick Freshmatic Minis ( these are normally $9.99 each at Walgreens)
2- Satin Care Shave Gel
1 -Swiffer Duster Long Handle Kit
1- Swiffer Dusters Refill
1 -Febreze Noticable
1 -Febreze Fabric Refresher Spray
1 -Febreze Air Effects Spray
1 -Johnson's Baby Powder
2- Lady's Degree Deodorant
4 -Pepcid 25 count EZ Chews (amazing deal here, coupon, plus sale price, plus Extra Care Bucks, plus a $5.50 mail in rebate)
1 -Aquafresh Advanced toothpaste
3 -packages of 3 each Venus Disposable Razors ( I have decided that blades are far too expensive right now, and that a good deal on disposables saves me money...sorry enviornment)
1 -Gillette Fusion Power Razor
2- Sunsilk Hydra TLC creme
1- Sunsilk Daring Volume Plumping Creme


This has become my second job, and it is amazing how you can save when you work at it a little.

No comments: