Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Saturday, April 12, 2008

FREE FREE FREE

I love getting stuff for free.
Let me re-phrase that.
I LOVE getting stuff for free!
This has been a very good week. So good in fact, that I cannot name all my free stuff. Just for your sake though, I will try:


17 trial size bottles of Old Spice Body Wash -I had awesome coupons and they will be used for college goodie bags

4 bags of Malt O' Meal dry bagged cereal - once again, awesome coupons

2 big tubes of Aqua Fresh Advanced toothpaste - coupons plus great sale = free

Scotch Brite Toilet Scruber Kit (okay, I got more than one) - you guessed it, due to awesome coupons

Plus I was able to get a great Bath and Body Works item for free with a purchase ( I bought a small gift bag for a buck)

Very profitable week for me in the Freebie department.

Today I went to visit my sister and we bargain hunted all day. After hitting Wal-Mart, Bath and Body Works, and a few other stops we spent a great deal of time and really not too much money on a stock up sale at Kroger. Now personally, I think that Kroger is generally a tad expensive, but it seems they pulled out all the stops for the current sale. When I combined their sales with my coupons I did very well.


I will say though that even a bargain hunting pro must rest every now and then. My freezer, pantry, and cupboards are full and overflowing. My concentration for a while will be on very specific items and not on each and every grand deal. Although I may have to go through a 12 step program if I do not nab at least a few bargains this next week .

I actually had planned on painting a room in my house today, but those dang bargains were calling...

No comments: