Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Return to Blogging

School is out now and I really hope to keep this up a bit better.  As I sit here today there is a gentle rain coming down so I am naturally forced inside today.  My flowers will get a drink and I will get to focus on the inside of the house.

I have many projects that I want to work through this summer.  A few have already been accomplished and  today I should knock off a few more.  We are getting ready for vacation soon.  Can I just tell the world how very excited I am about this year's vacation?  This is HUGE to me after what we went through last summer and I plan to soak up every possible bit of joy there is to be had.  

We will be going to  gorgeous area in Massachusetts.  I have never been to that state, so I will add another one or two on my list.  I need to learn how to spell it though since I am going there. (thank goodness for spell check)  We will focus on mostly scenic, outdoor activities,  and just relax!  

I am taking an unofficial break from crazy couponing.  I will still buy the papers if I think they will benefit me, but I have a huge stockpile now and I do not want the stockpile to outlive my family.  There is just so much toothpaste one can use.  Actually it is time to thin it out and give a goodie box to someone in need.   I just do not feel the need to chase every bargain.  We will live out of our freezer, pantry, and stockpile for a while.  My grocery bills over the last month have been quite small because of all of this and that excites me.  This way of shopping really pays off.   I am sure I will take advantage of the super deals out there, I made $8.00 this week at Walgreen's and I won't stop doing those deals (Ecotrin aspirin, I bought 4 boxes with coupons that made them free, then got back $2.00 on each in register rewards--I paid a total of 8 cents and made back $8.00)   I just am slowing way down for a while.  Don't worry, I am not going back to my old ways.  I will return in full force later on.  I am too good at this to stop.  Ha. 

More posting to come so check back more often.

No comments: