Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Monday, January 4, 2010

Stock Up Shopping

(You can click on the picture for a close-up)
After school today I hit Wal-Mart,  Menards and Walgreens.  Thanks to price matching, coupons, and rebates, I got everything pictured for $63.79.   I used exactly $75.00 in coupons!  I love it when I save more than I spend!

I am very well stocked up now on my dishwashing tablets, detergent, and toothbrushes.  Believe it or not, I was getting low on toothbrushes.  

Here is a breakdown of the loot by store:

Wal-Mart:

  • 7 packages of Quantum dishwasher tablets (my favorite) priced matched to Target's ad, and used $2.50 coupons (.99 cents each)
  • 6 bottles of All, I made a mistake there, I didn't know this was a CVS "card" price.  I thought it was just a sale price.  They did not want to put it back, and price matched it anyway.  Used $2.00 coupons ($1.99 each)
  • 5 Healthy Choice meals, $1.89 each, used $5.00 off of 5 coupons , so .89 cents each
  • 2 I Can't Believe it's not Butter, used $1.00 coupons
  • Velveeta, used a $1.00 coupon
  • Husband's prescription
  • Miracle Whip
  • Tabasco 
  • Caesar dressing
  • Constant Comment Tea
  • A deli pizza for supper (some things you just buy with no coupons because you want them...) 
Menards:
I took advantage of a rebate here to buy some additional things we need / want
  • 2 bags chips
  • 2 containers Fritos Cheese Sauce (great on potatoes)
  • parmesan cheese
  • 2 bags of marked down Snickers
Walgreens:
  • 4 double packs of Reach toothbrushes 
  • 2 single Reach toothbrushes (all toothbrushes ended up free after coupons) 
  • 2 packages of Nepsporin Lip Health
I spent $3.62 at Walgreens and then received a $3.00 Register Reward for the Neosporin! 

I had not been doing much coupon shopping lately.  Felt good to feel the rush again! 

I am tracking my spending this year, and my coupon savings.  I will probably give a monthly report. 

No comments: