Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas is Coming

I decided to post a couple of pictures of my living room. I have a few changes this year from our normal Christmas decor. First, I painted the fireplace this year and I love it. The brick fireplace had become so dark and dingy and I felt like it was a black hole in my living room. I love the new color. It shows up a bit "whiter" in pictures than it really is, the color is more of a creamy white. I like switching out the wreath on the hearth and being able to actually see it.

Second, I purchased a red slip cover for my couch and a bunch of new pillows. I have wanted a red couch for ages, but I am just not ready to spend the money, so I opted for a slip cover and it makes me happy, especially with Christmas decorations.

My decorations are much more simple this year, just enough to make me happy and not stressed.

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

I love the new red slip cover! It looks lovely. It's been far too long since I've been to your house, especially at Christmas. You've always had such a flair for decorating. You need to come make over my house. :)