Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Returning the Favor

The past few days I have been out of town, at my sister's house. She had surgery earlier in the week and I worked it out at school so that I could help her when she returned home. I was so glad to be able to do this, because she has done the same for me, many times. On Thursday I left my house early and was able to be at her's by about 9:00 her time. She was slow going and it was obvious she needed someone there with her. Other than fixing lunch, fixing supper, and the clean up involved, I felt I did not do too much that day. She had worked so hard before her surgery and her house was immaculate! That night I went with her husband on a few errands and that was about it. Friday morning I did her errands, and did quite a bit of grocery shopping. I think my brother in law was quite happy to have me do that so that he did not have to. After fixing lunch I started laundry and dishes and a few other odds and ends. I cut my trip a bit shorter than I had planned due to the approaching snow storm, so I left after just the two days. I know she appreciated it though, and I was so happy to be able to do it.

I am so thankful that my sister and I are so close. We lost our mom over 30 years ago, so we need to lean on each other from time to time.

Send a prayer her way for a speedy recovery!

No comments: