Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Sunday, December 21, 2008

CVS is my friend

Today after church, and while a roast was perfecting in my oven , husband took me to CVS. Today was a blow out day of freebies.  I had a $35.00 dollar Extra Care Buck in my billfold that was a left over from the Thanksgiving sale.  I messed up that day and did not really want to be stuck with $35.00 on one ECB, but CVS came through for me today and I was able to roll it over and end up with multiple smaller bucks.  The basics of this deal are as follows:

I started with the $35.00 in Extra Care Bucks, plus a $25.00 gift card from a new prescription (free money)

I also had coupons on several items 

I spent the $35.00 ECB, plus $10.76 on the gift card for a total spent of $45.76  (NOTHING out of pocket)

I left with $49.47 in brand spankin' new Extra Care Bucks (in smaller more manageable amounts)

I came home with more Extra Care Bucks than what I spent in ECBs and on my gift card.  *** I MADE MONEY!!


I did 3 transactions and ended up with the following:

5 Arm & Hammer Essentials  Cleaning Kits

5 Listerene

5 Right Guard Professional Strength

1 Halls Naturals

1 Excedrine 

2 Sally Hansen Nail Polish

2 Loreal Eye Shadow

3 Thermocare Heat Wraps

1  Package Zip Fizz Energy Mix 

1 Package Benefiber Drink Mix 

1 Alteril Sleep Aid

1 Zantac

1 Sleepinal Sleep Aid

29 items that would have cost over $167.00 but that were actually given to me for nothing!

I left the store halfway looking over my shoulder to see if I would be arrested.  It amazes me that I can get free stuff like this!


Now for the remaining $49.00 Extra Care Bucks, I will probably blow through some of them without having to worry about rolling them over into new ones.  I figure this is great timing to allow me to buy a few stocking stuffers and last minute Christmas essentials.  


No comments: