Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Thursday, December 25, 2008

What a Merry Christmas!

Today was a wonderful, lazy, day.  

We did something different this year and opened our gifts from youngest to oldest.  There was a secret reason that I devised that plan and it worked wonderfully.  We actually got to see each present and see each reaction as well.  We had planned a special gift for husband this year and wanted him to go last. The plan worked perfectly.  

I must say that I was very spoiled this year.  You can really really tell how much a man loves his wife when he gets her an electric blanket!  I will explain that I am not at all like most ladies my age. Instead of fluctuating between normal and hot flashes ,  I mostly only have one body temperature:  FROZEN!  My husband has seen me go to bed with two pairs of socks, and truth be told, one night I had on three pairs.  One pair was on my hands!   Lucky for me though, this blanket has dual controls, or I am sure I would never have gotten it.  The sweet thing is, I really did not think to write this on my list this year.  He just knows me.   

As I said though, I was SPOILED.  He also got me a 12 cup Kitchen Aid food processor,  (my request) a very nice Rowenta iron, and 7 pieces of jewelry.    

My boys spoiled me as well, youngest got me a silicone rolling pin, and a large bacon press and oldest got me a basic pastry decorating set and a CD.  

I had not planned on cooking much today, I was going to thaw out some homemade vegetable soup and be lazy, but when we set up the food processor I had to slice a potato, then another, then a few more.   It was FUN. ( I know, I get my kicks in the strangest way)  Anyway, after slicing 6 potatoes in about as many seconds, I felt I should put them to good use, so I made scalloped potatoes.  We grilled pork chops and cooked some green beans  and biscuits and that was our Christmas dinner.  

We watched the animated movie WALL-E this afternoon, and other than a bit of picking up here and there, have been really, really, lazy!

I hope you all had a very nice holiday with your families.  I hope the gifts you gave were a reflection of your love, and that the gifts you received returned love to you.  

I pray you took time to reflect on the greatest gift of all and that Christ has blessed your family as He has ours.  

1 comment:

Inkling said...

So what about Uncle Greenteeth's gift? I'm all curious now. =)

Grasshopper loved hearing his daddy read the book you got him, and we read it probably about the same time somebody at your place was reading Luke 2. I know he will love seeing the illustrations once he actually gets to come out of the womb. His mama will love for him to see the illustrations, if only to have her ribs back all to herself.

Thank you for spoiling us and our little one. It means so much to be loved, even from some 2,500 miles away.