Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Coupon Class

I am so excited.  I am gearing up to teach my very first coupon class!  I have my Power Point and handouts all ready, my coupons are up to date, (I must be a good example) my "show and tell" receipts are all in order, and I even have copies of the October Walgreens' coupon booklet to hand out.  I am stoked!   I even have door prizes prepared from my stash of  goodies ! 

When I was preparing my material I was surprised at just how much I have picked up in the last 2 years.  It is funny when I go back and look at all of the "secrets" of using coupons.  It is so much different than in my mother's day, when she clipped a 5 cent coupon and happily used it on a bag of sugar.   Little did she know that things have changed so much that her daughter would one day have to teach a class on using coupons!  Mother, I hope I am making you proud. 

My first class will be at my school.  I am hoping to teach one at church soon as well.  People have asked me if I fear letting everyone in on my secrets.  ~ Fearing that would cut down on my available bargains.  Well, if you would see my stockpile you would know that  I shouldn't  worry about not cashing in on every deal.  I can pick and choose at this point, and if I miss one or two, I will be more than fine. 

This has taken quite a bit of work though.  I wanted my Power Point to be good and informative.  I named it "Couponing 101", but I think it covers more than a 101 class would! 

I will let you all know how it goes.

No comments: