Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Sweet Farewell

This past weekend was a difficult one.  Saying goodbye is never easy. Especially when you were never given the chance to say hello. 

 Little Mary's service was beautiful. Man, do they know how to sing at my nephew's church.  I kept thinking, is there a choir of angels behind me?  The songs were really pretty.  It was a nice service, with many songs and very fitting scriptures, all reminding us of the hope we have in Christ.  I know one day we will meet Mary and it will be a very sweet time for all of us. 

 The hardest part was visiting the grave-site that evening with the family.  We all stood in sadness as Grandpa said a prayer and we placed flowers on her grave.  It is so sad to be standing on the grounds where many precious babies are buried all around you. So much sadness. We joined together as a family and sang Amazing Grace before leaving. 

I am quite physically tired.  I still think I have issues with some of my medications, but it was a long and emotional weekend, and that could be the cause.  I will go to bed early tonight.  

I ask that as each of you read this, that you would continue to say a prayer for our nephew and wife.  They will hurt for a very long time. 

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Definitely ... all of you are in my prayers.

When I feel a bit better I am going to find a poem my mom wrote when my son died. I want you to share it with the parents. It's about baby angels playing ... I love it.

Take care and get some rest!

Penny said...

praying for you and all your family...