Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

God is Good~ All THE TIME !

Tomorrow morning bright and early we will leave for the hospital. Surgery is at 7:30. Today we went for multiple pre-op appointments and to see the breast surgeon. It was decided that we wait for any additional surgery there until I am released from this other surgery, The doctor said there is no harm in waiting, even if it is a month. I am fine with everything he said.

I knew God would bless me in amazing ways today and I was not disappointed. The blessings began early and continued throughout the day. My sister came around 9:00 and we had a fun bargain shopping outing shortly after she got here, then we came back to the house. She cooked lunch for us, cleaned and organized many areas of my house and stayed here while husband and I went for our appointments. When we returned home she had supper waiting. How wonderful.

While we were gone I called to talk to her and she was the one overwhelmed when she told me one thing after another..."Anita, someone planted 12 mums in your yard, you had a huge basket of flowers delivered, you got 8 cards in the mail today." I am so humbled at the incredible outpouring of love and concern for my family and I .

Many have called me today, my friend Reta came by to hug me, family came this evening to see me and pray for me, and I have gotten many emails. What blessings. Youngest son was able to make it home for surgery, so both of my boys will be at my side.

I am ready. I have had a super migraine today, but it is getting better. I do think it has helped me to not be worried, I have just been trying to get over the headache.

I feel God has done more than His part in preparing me for this day, friends and family have gone over and above their call of duty, and my husband and sons have showered me with love and concern.

I am ready.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you..i pray for healing, steady, strong hands on the surgeon, and that you will make a remarkable recovery.

Penny said...

I am sitting here in my office, it is 8:43am and I know God is taking care of you and that today will be good. I look forward to hearing how well things went for you.

Anonymous said...

I am praying that your surgery is
almost over as it is 12:45 now.
You will amaze everyone - I'm sure of it. Anxiously waiting to hear how you did!
Mary A.

Inkling said...

It was awesome to hear how you did today, and how so far you haven't had nausea after the anesthesia. When I woke up at 3a.m. my time (5 a.m. yours), I prayed specifically that God wouldn't let you puke, among other things. =) And then when we woke up to the alarm at 5:30 my time, I prayed for you all over again, knowing that if your surgery was on time that you were heading in right then. As tiring as it is to wake up multiple times in the night, and as hard as it is to get back to sleep after the usual 3 a.m. waking moment, I am grateful for a little one who jumps on my bladder to wake me up so often, because honestly, I've never had such awesome quiet times in prayer for my loved ones before.

It's been neat to see God's care for you and the way the Body of Christ has gathered around you.