Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Physical Therapy

Today after school was my first therapy session. It went pretty well. I have some exercises to do this week that do not seem too difficult. The therapist did say that I had considerable weakness in my shoulders and upper arms. Some of that she feels is a nerve situation and that it might take a very long time to completely regenerate. She explained my neck stiffness and told me some things I could do to help with that. She also had me close my eyes and found that there is still a large portion of my neck that feels pressure but no sensitivity. I will go twice a week for the next month and then reevaluate my situation. She was gentle which I liked and said that in my case there is no need for painful therapy. So, no physical terrorist here. It was interesting though because all this time I have noticed the weakness mostly in my right arm and shoulder, but when she did all of her tests and measurements she found my left arm and shoulder are quite a bit weaker. I guess since I am right handed I just did not pay much attention to the left side.

No comments: