Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls

You know the drill...click in the middle of this picture if you want to see these up close and personal! 

Do you remember the old Rice Krispie Treat commercial where the mom pretended she worked all day making them?  Well, this is one of those recipes.  It is so easy that you feel guilty.  Just throw your ingredients into the bread machine, walk away for a while.  Then you roll the dough out, slather it with goodness, and pop those babies in the oven.   A second rise is not required, although I might let them at least rise about 1/2 hour before baking.  They did spread out a lot, but did not rise much in height.  Other than that I would not change a thing.  But believe me, not having them rise a second time will not prevent us from gobbling them up!    The icing is very yummy as well.  

I found the recipe on Money Saving Mom's site and have included the link here.  I made mine a bit smaller than hers, because then I think I can eat twice as many...

I just decided this was "Be kind to husband week"  and have done my baking based on his favorites.  Tomorrow is Valentine's Day you know. 

Husband just had one and declared this recipe "A Keeper" 

No comments: