Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Madness

I cannot blog for long right now.  Husband and I are in the midst of a cleaning frenzy!  I do not want to do anything to detour the process!  As of right now (12:47 pm) between the two of us (with a lot of it being done by husband) we have done the following:
  • Made waffles, bacon, and homemade blackberry syrup (with actual blackberries floating around in it)
  • Thoroughly emptied and cleaned the bathroom
  • Cleaned out fridge, discovered a lot of apples needing attention = a break long enough to make 2 completely from scratch apple pies (can you smell them?)
  • Gathered all throw rugs,  all shook and vacuumed
  • Vacuumed all carpets thoroughly
  • Emptied everything from under kitchen sink (yuck) that was a mess, wiped down and replaced only what is necessary
  • Turned oven on to self clean mode
  • Stripped the bed
  • Started laundry, moved to dryer and started more
  • Finally emptied and washed turkey fryer that has been sitting in garage since Christmas (ewww) it is washed and shiny now
  • Emptied my crock full of kitchen gadgets that sits by my stove, washed everything and will selectively put things back
  • Emptied basket of gadgets that sits on my counter, washed everything and will selectively put things back
We are still working and my 15 minute break is almost over, so I will report again when we are finished! I love starting spring  break with a nice clean house!

1 comment:

JBletzinger said...

sounds like you took advantage of your break. good for you :)