Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Thursday, June 2, 2011

F is for frugality




is for frugality

Okay, you knew it was going to come up sooner or later. The switch over to frugality is definitely a major part of me, so I have to write about it.

Three years ago I had a pricy computer that I really felt should be more than an email and solitaire machine. I knew I wasn’t going to start a home business, but really felt I should be doing more.

Our sister in law happened to send me an email link to a frugal blog, and there it was: My answer as to what to do with my computer. I started researching this and other blogs to find out everything there was to know about coupons. I quickly learned where to find them, and when and where to use them. I went crazy at the beginning and in some ways it was expensive to save money. I thought I had to act on each and every deal that came along.

I have learned a lot since then. I am much wiser and a lot pickier about what deals I go after. The more I have gotten in to using coupons, the more I have learned to be frugal in other areas. I know the value of a dollar and try to stretch them further.

I have moved from learning the art of using coupons to teaching others, and I must say I get just as much of a rush from watching others get a great deal as I do with one of my own. I love sharing the ability that God has blessed me with and I get excited for each class!

No comments: