Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

L is for Lavish




is for Lavish

I love that word. I love it that God lavished his goodness on us. I especially love how John put it:

“See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!” I John 3:1

I only ever used that word to describe mundane things, like putting on suntan lotion, but when I think if its full meaning, I am honestly in awe. The dictionaries describe it as being extravagant or extremely generous. I am not “extremely generous” with many things. I tend to hold back. I reserve some for me, carefully calculating just how much of anything I can give. I then count the cost of what I am giving and act accordingly.

But God did not hold back. I know He counted the cost, but He gave anyway.

I love this word so much that I almost want to reserve it just for describing what God did and how much He loves us. Nothing I do can compare.

No comments: