Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blessings

I have mentioned before that I am really blessed. Let me just say that the events of the last week have caused me to realize that in a very profound way.

I could not have imagined how many people would reach out to my family and I to show their love in so many ways.

On the day of my heart attack I had 35 visitors between the two hospitals. Now, to be fair I am counting my husband and sons and they probably do not really count as visitors. People showed up, some briefly to express their love and concern. Many drove quite a distance to be near me. What a huge blessing to be surrounded by so many that I count precious in my life.

Since I have been home from the hospital I have received many cards and phone calls, I have had delicious meals delivered to my door, and have had help to clean my house and work to help get my son’s room ready to accept all of the college and apartment items we had just brought home.

It is quite humbling to have so much attention and expressions of love and it is showing me perfectly how God’s people can reach out to show His love to others. If you have the opportunity to spread this type of love to anyone in need, let me just tell you how very much it is appreciated.

No comments: