Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Sunday, June 8, 2008

$5.24

You can tell that the 'ole ticker is doing better.

I'm baaaack.

These were deals that were just too good to pass up. I went to both Walgreen's and CVS, and through numeral transactions I purchased all of the following for $5.24 out of pocket! $5.24 sure goes farther than it used to. I did use quite a few ECB's, a $5.00 register reward, plus a lot of manufacturer's coupons to arrive at my small amount of actual money spent.




In case you can't make it all out:

1 Gallon of milk
7 boxes of cereal
6 cans of Nivea shave gel
3 rolls of Reynold's Wrap
3 bottles of Maalox chewables
4 boxes Band-Aids
1 Nivea Body Wash
1 Electrosol Tablets
1 package cotton swabs
1 Huggies baby wash
1 4 pack razor blades

That will most all go into the stock pile, the Band Aids and some shave gel will go to college care packages. With my old way of shopping I would have spent more on the razor blades alone, because I would have not bought them until we were out and then I would not have caught a sale or a coupon. Today I took advantage of a sale, a coupon, and Extra Care Bucks. I still have over $24.00 in Extra Care Bucks because I earned them on most all of my CVS purchases.

2 comments:

Happy Housewife said...

You did very well on your CVS shopping!

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

Woo hoo! Great trip! I just love free cereal, it tastes better.