Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Monday, June 30, 2008

Cardiac Rehab

Those are two words I was unfamiliar with until about a month ago.

I have begun my rehab program. Basically it is an exercise program with some teaching on diet and lifestyles mixed in. I am going three days a week, and each session should get a bit longer until I reach the level of exercise that my heart needs. I am on a heart monitor the entire time, so they know if my heart rate is too fast, too slow, etc. My main observation though is this: I am the minority. I am in a class with about eight 65-70 year old men. Instead of "Sweatin' to the oldies" , I am Sweatin' WITH the oldies! This really makes you think I WAS too young to have a heart attack.

No comments: