Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Bad Blogger

Okay,
So my intentions were good when I started this thing. I saw myself being totally creative, writing profound and deep thoughts, and encouraging the masses. Now it seems I don't even have time to post but every 3-4 days. I am keeping up with my Bible reading, so that has taken about 15 minutes a day away from blogging. I did go back to school last week. And I have been spending time with my boys. But the intentions are still there. I might turn into a daily blogger yet. I promise to give you something interesting soon. I have a long weekend coming up; maybe there will be time. So, don't give up on me yet.

I did make 2 coffee cakes tonight. Is that newsworthy? I was the recipient of "Amish Friendship Bread" starter. Today was my baking day. I know, most of you are thinking it should be called "Amish Enemy-Maker Bread”; no one ever truly seems to want any. I kept 2 portions and baked 2 13X9 cakes instead of the "bread" recipe given. I just put the batter in the pan, added a streusel topping and some powdered sugar glaze when finished. It is actually good. I pawned the remaining starter off on the "new girls" at choir practice.

Well, I am off to catch up with Jacob and Leah and Rachel.

5 comments:

FarmWife said...

I love Amish Friendship bread! I haven't gotten a starter of that since High School! And the struessl idea sounds wonderful!

BTW, we'll still love you even if you don't blog daily.

Grace said...

It really doesn't matter what you blog about. If you wanna tell us your sneeze came out your ears we'd be happy with it!!!

Anita said...

Maybe you should get a ife if you want to hear about my sneeze coming out of my ears....Ha

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Amish Friendship Bread, but it was great to read about it from you. Sounds Delish. Glad to read a new blog from you. Look forward to reading more when time is right for you.
hugs,

Lauren said...

Amish Friendship bread can be either really good or really bad... but of course, Silver Belle's will be really good. Especially with the struessel.. yumm!!!!

Just think, Silver Belle, once summer vacation gets here and you are out of the classroom, you'll have a little more time for blogging. :-)