Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Silence and Slugs

The silence is strange. Number one son left Monday for his last semester of college. Both of the boys are now gone and the house is not only quiet, but a bit empty. Literally. They take so much back and forth with them. My sunroom is once again mine instead of being filled to the gills with game systems, stereos, vinyl albums (yes, vinyl- they are popular once again) and all sorts of college guy paraphernalia. Our dog is now moping through the house. She is used to sleeping with one of them during the night and lying across them in the daytime. Now she is quite confused. I am not moping, but I am finding the house to be a bit too quiet.

Now would be a great time for all of those winter projects that I keep putting off, however, I do not seem to have the motivation required for such tasks. Usually after school, and endless errands I just feel the desire to be a slug for the rest of the evening. Am I the only one who truly deep down feels like a slug at times? I hope I am not.

Perhaps after a few more days of adjustment I will find a neglected task or two to dive into. That is, if a slug CAN dive…

2 comments:

Queen Mother said...

I know just how you feel.
That is the way I feel after we come home from a trip north. Our house feels empty and it takes time to for me to get back in the swing of things. Very Sluggish

Grace said...

I'm so sorry you're having to feel the empty house again. I don't even want to imagine those days in the future. Just the thought makes me lonely. If you need some noise, I'm more than willing to bring Bee over this weekend as we'll be town to see the Globetrotters... haha!!