Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Monday, January 1, 2007

Lazy beginnings

So it is the first day of 2007. Just as many folks my age, I do feel the years are going by faster as I get older. Everyone says that and you will too as you mature, because it is true.

This is not a big holiday in my family. It is just a day to chill. Husband and I did manage to make it to midnight last night at the home of friends, which is a monumental task for us, so we slept in a bit. College sons are both home on break and at the moment we are all just being lazy. (Well, does blogging count as being lazy, or being creative?) Oldest son is surfing on his laptop in another room, husband is reading the paper, and youngest son is watching TV. No big plans, no resolutions, nothing exciting going on here.

I plan to make a homemade pizza for our main meal today. The crust will be homemade, I have a favorite store-bought sauce which I will use. The rest of the day is up for grabs.

Enjoy your day, and year, use it wisely. Each is a gift.

No comments: