Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Great News

I am the worst blogger. Someday, maybe when I am old and retired, I will get to this more often.

I have great news. Oldest son has been accepted for a ministry position in Amsterdam!
He will leave in June for a six-month position at The Shelter Jordan, a Christian hostel in the heart of Amsterdam. He, and an international team, will be responsible for basic duties, such as checking in guests, some cooking, and maybe light cleaning, but will also be trained to lead small group Bible studies in English to the travelers. He will be trained for other mission outreach areas as well. To say that he is excited would be putting it mildly. He actually stayed in this hostel when he went on a short-term mission trip to Amsterdam, so he knows what it is all about and has been anxious to return. He will graduate on May 11th from both of his colleges with two bachelor’s degrees, and then will leave the first of June. He will return at the end of November. At that time he will look for a real job. How could he pass up this opportunity?
You should “Google” the Shelter Jordan, and it’s ministry programs. I am quite impressed with their mission.

My boys are becoming grown-ups right before my eyes and I am powerless to stop them. I actually do not wish to stop them, but my, the times they are a changin’. (Reference to an old song, for you young bloggers thinking I am making huge grammatical errors.)

All, for now, I am in the midst of a very busy week with something on the agenda every night. I will fill you all in at a later date.

4 comments:

Inkling said...

Please tell him his redheaded cousin is very excited for him. I know he will do a great job. Can he cook? =) I also know he will have the experience of his life. Maybe Henry David and I should jaunt over to Amsterdam while he's there, and he can show us the town.....I wish. Ah well, at least our prayers will be with him. That's just awesome news!

Melissa said...

Bob Dylan, right? That is great to be so bold in the Lord. You have done an amazing job of raising your children.

FarmWife said...

Way to go J.S.!!! We are all proud of you!

And I'm sure, Silver Belle, that you will handle all these changes with your normal grace.

What's next? Weddings & Grandbabies?

Grace said...

Cool! I can't believe he's that grown-up!! Congratulations to him!!