Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Daughters



This was taken during one of the nightly sessions at CIY (Christ in Youth). These are some of "my" girls. A few of the girls from my girl group were not able to attend.


I shared a dorm apartment with this group during our trip to CIY. I did not know this group of girls very well, and now I am quite blessed to know them. These girls all belong to the small group of the other sponsor in the picture.



I did not give birth to daughters. I never really thought that mattered because I have been completely satisfied with my boys. Yet now that my "boys" are no longer "boys", (they are young men,) I am finding out that girls are okay too. As I have mentioned before, husband and I have been youth sponsors on and off for 25 years. In the last year and a half I have focused my ministry on high school girls. Let me say this, I LOVE them. It is kind of like being a grandma, I can enjoy them immensely, yet I did not have to raise them.

Our trip to Tennessee for the Christ in Youth conference was amazing. If your church has never taken the high school students to this conference then they are really missing out. It is a perfect blend of fun, worship, and bonding of your youth group. You need to check them out .

No comments: