Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Sunday, July 27, 2008

To shop or not to shop, that is the question...

I need nothing.
Well, my family needs milk ( I wish I drank milk).
My husband needs cereal. Sorta.
We have cereal, only we have my kind of cereal. I eat the good for you kind, he eats the sugared up kid cereal. I will definitely buy milk, but you saw the stockpile, and that's just the overflow. My cabinets are full, and my fridge and freezers are full. A shopping break would be refreshing and I could put the grocery money in my new hallway carpet fund.

So, since the deals do not seem to be too prevalent and since I am stocked for Y3K, I just might take a break. I might have serious withdrawal symptoms and might drool at everyone's posted pictures, but I think I am going to stick to my plan.

Oh, wait...I need grapes and other fruit.
I need help.
Maybe I could spend, say $30.00 and get milk, ( with college boy home we use about 5 gallons (ouch) per week) fruit, maybe bread, and some sugary cereal. I do have those Post coupons from today.

Thanks for your help--that's what I'll do, I will go to CVS for milk, $2.89 here, (x5 =$14.45), pick up a couple of boxes of cereal somewhere with coupons, and maybe Aldi for some fruit and bread. That's it. Can I do it? Am I truly addicted to the thrill of it all, or can I really put this frugal thing to the test by knowing when to say when?
I will let you know.

1 comment:

Inkling said...

It's a good thing you don't live here. You'd be spending at least $25 a week just on milk with your offspring at home. And I'm pretty sure we don't have a CVS or a Walgreens, at least in our town. But, if you did want to stockpile enough for several years and then move here so I could have you close by, I sure wouldn't argue. You'd make a great Canadian. =)