Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Sunday, July 27, 2008

To CVS I Go...

Here is what I am planning for my first trip to CVS this week:


1 Revlon Limited Edition Item 9.99

1 Band-Aid Ultra Strips 2.99

minus $2/ Q on Revlon
minus $1/Q on Band-Aid

-should be around $10.00, I will pay with a $10.00 ECB, might need a small filler in there, will decide that at the store.

-will get back 11.99 in ECBs. Should make some bucks on this. Remember, I am basically only adding to the stockpile if my items are free or a money maker.

I also plan to scope out this week's candy deal to see if the Mentos Gum is included, I've used all my Life Savers B1G1 Qs, so I need something to make the candy deal profitable before I try it.

I will post my success later.

*****Success!

The Revlon makeup was a bit hard to find, this CVS does not always have the ad signs out, so you have to hunt for the items on sale. It is a fancy blush that I probably would not have bought otherwise. But hey- free is free!

So, I bought the blush and a package of Band Aids and had coupons for both so that brought my prices down. I did need a filler to make the most of my $10.00 in Extra Care Bucks. I bought M&Ms and if I plan to do the candy deal I am 50 cents ahead.

Spent 10 ECBs, and 51 cents OOP. Earned 11.99 in ECBS. Not bad.


I do not think the Mentos gum is included on the candy deal.

3 comments:

Erin Gifford said...

Nice deals. Now I'm worried about my CVS being out of the Revlon deals so maybe I'll head over now. I remember it was really tough to find the Physicians Formula mascara a few weeks back.

Erin @ CouponCravings.com

Mercedes said...

The mentos Gum was $2/1 at my CVS. Not a good deal with the 55 cent coupons out.
I saw the revlon products but I didn't have any manufacturer coupons. I also picked ome of that same make up on clrearance at Target about a month ago. Got some overage with the revlon target coupon and the manufacturer one. So I passed on that at CVS. Loaded up on lifesavers though. Check your gas stations for coupons 0.50/1 payday/skor bars. those are included and are prices 50 cents each.

Anita said...

Thanks for the tip Mercedes. I am debating just calling it a week with shopping. I am so stocked that except for milk and some cereal I could take a week (or 10) off!