Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Friday, August 8, 2008

Update

I am not a very patient person.

I fool most people, but those that know me well know I do not like waiting.

I called the doctor's office today to check on my test results. Here is what I found out. There were two blood tests, one is very specific to the cancer that the pathology report found. The other test is a marker for many types of cancer. An elevation in either is not considered a good thing. The specific test results did not come back today and may not be in until later next week. The other one that basically says, "yeah, there is cancer in your body, but it could be one of several places," came back elevated.

I was asked how I was with that.

I feel I have already been given the worse news. I am just ready to get going with the treatment plan. Sure, a part of my wished for some blatant lab error, but in reality I guess I had resigned myself to the fact that I have cancer. I will not limit God though. Just because in my humanness I went along with the pathology report, I will not say this is the way it ultimately has to be. God can intervene at anytime.

Tomorrow is my family reunion. My family is large and scattered. I am the youngest of 9 children. Our parents are gone and our oldest brother passed away 20 years ago. We do not get together very often. We all live in 5 different states and tomorrow we will be together. The timing could not be better and I am sure that God had a hand in this. I will post pictures afterwards.

Have a blessed weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish to be a fly on the wall as you reunite with your family..What a wonderous and needed celebration/gathering. My thoughts are with you..Have fun..Live, Love and Laugh