Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Friday, August 1, 2008

Less Numb

I am feeling a bit more connected to the world today. I still cannot believe what I have been told. But today my mouth works with my brain, my legs move at will and my eyes are not leaking. Husband went with me today to my cardiac rehab. I told the nurses there what was going on. They were shocked as well. I do have a bit of wisdom concerning rehab: Be careful if you start praying while on the treadmill. I was in the middle of a conversation with God and even decided to close my eyes. God got my attention just before I walked off the back of the thing. That would not have been pretty.

I came home today to a beautiful bouquet of flowers left outside my back door by my friend. I have been shown so much love. Last night my "sisters", remember them? The ones I posed with in our lovely bonnets, came over to talk, laugh, pray and weep with me. What a huge blessing to have friends who will come along beside you and love on you like that. My friend Reta reminded us of a song that had been on her mind all day, it is worth posting the lyrics, because it summed up her feelings toward all of this.

Standing in The Gap
~Babbie Mason


I heard that you were hurting

That you were suffering pain

But I didn't dare just turn my head

And look the other way
For when your heart is aching
My heart is aching too
Let me help you bear your burden
That's the least that I can do

I'll be standing in the gap for you
Just remember someone, somewhere is praying for you
Calling out your name
Praying for your strength
I'll be standing in the gap for you
Right now you may be troubled
But everything will work out fine
For the Spirit knows before you speak
What is on your heart and mind
So I'll be interceding
Til your standing strong again
The peace that passes understanding
Is going to be yours, but until then

So hang on my friend
It won't be long
And you have the strength
To carry on
For when two or three are walking together
It will be a much lighter load
For isn't that what a brother and a sister are for


I ask everyone who stumbles upon this blog to please stand in the gap for me. Lift me up when I do not have the strength or the words to do so myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anita,
My thoughts and prayers are with you..I tossed and turned and prayed last night..That's all I seem to be doing anymore is praying. I hope one day to learn that prayers have been answered. Thinking of you today