Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Friday, October 3, 2008

2 Outta 3 Ain't Bad

Okay, so I only accomplished 2 of the things on my list. I drove, and did okay. At first it was a bit strange, and it is not completely easy. I cannot just turn my head to check traffic, I have to turn my whole body. I did manage. The worse part is that tonight I am suffering. I am hurting, bad actually. The problem with my shoulders is becoming more than just a nuisance, it is excruciating. I have "Googled" a lot tonight to see if I am completely making this up. Good news, it is not all in my head. It is indeed due to the trapezeius muscles which runs from the middle of your head, down your neck and into both shoulders. Bad news, "Googling" is not encouraging. Severe shoulder pain after a neck dissection can be quite common, quite painful, and can last for months. I am already praying that this will not be true in my case. I need my prayer warriors to get mobilized and be on this for me. I do not do well with intense pain. Typing is okay as long as I keep my elbows next to my side, once they move away from my body my shoulders hurt. This is by far the most pain I have had in my healing process, even when my neck blew up like a balloon it did not hurt like this ( I just could not breathe). I do not want to be wimpy. I am just not handling this very well. I worry about Monday. I will have to write low on the chalkboard and may be taking hot compresses to work with me.

So the other thing I did on my list was to stay awake. Yesterday must have been just an exception due to lack of sleep the night before, because today I did fine.

I did not touch my closet. It will have to wait, I do not have the strength in my arms to sort through clothes, I will figure it out day by day until I can do a proper job in my closet. Maybe I will just wear the same thing every day and call it a uniform.

Works for me.

3 comments:

Kasi Mitchell said...

works for me too...let me know what you are wearing and we can color coordinate!
K

Unknown said...

Hi Anita! I worry about you returning to work so soon. You have had such a time recovering(much more than was expected). Try not to push yourself... would 1/2 days be possible to start back with? You will know how it's working once you return... I will continue praying for you as you continue to heal, and gain strength. Kristi

Grace said...

You are in no way being a wimp. If it hurts, it hurts. Do what you can, and don't force it. I've been thinking about you today.