Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Monday, October 13, 2008

I Love Coupons

Do you throw them away?
I love my coupons.
Today I went to WalMart for the first time alone in over a month, I also hit another store on my way home. I had a whopping stack of coupons that needed to be used (53 coupons to be exact). I pretty much only purchased what I had a coupon for with the exception of 2 gallons of milk, some eggs, and a couple of other items. I bought a lot of food items for the stock pile, and for the church food drive. My total for both stores would have been $161.15, but the coupons totaled $97.39, so I spent a total of $63.76. That is more than I usually spend for a week, but remember, I have been to the grocery very little lately. I am set now for the week, for the food drive, and for keeping the stockpile stocked.

The good thing about coupons is savings like this, the bad thing is keeping them organized. I am behind in my clipping and filing. Lately I have only been cutting out the particular ones I need for a current deal or a planned trip to a particular store. I hope to get the rest filed soon.

The shopping trip did wear me out though. I was actually very tired when I left and almost turned around. When I got home and put everything away I did snooze in the recliner.

No comments: