Something to hold on to...

"Today I am one day nearer home than ever before. One day nearer the dawning when the fog will lift, mysteries clear, and all question marks straighten up into exclamation points!
 I shall see the King!"     Vance Havner

Friday, October 3, 2008

To Do LIST

1. Drive
That is something we take for granted. Today I will attempt driving for the first time in nearly a month. My sister is coming for a visit and she will ride along with me on a few short errands so she can make sure I can handle it. I need to take my return to work note from my doctor to our school's administration building, then I need a few things from the grocery. Since I have not driven I am glad she will be along. The issues to address are my still very stiff neck and my quite sore right shoulder. If those two body parts cooperate then I think I can handle it.

2. My Closet
Another thing to accomplish today is my closet. Our house is very old, and closets in its day held 3 dresses , two blouses, and one skirt. I have a few more items than that, so I must rotate clothes in and out of suitcases. The weather has changed in this last month and I probably will not be wearing many sleeveless tops next week. I need to pull some fall clothes out. To do that job well takes nearly a half day, more than that if I choose to iron everything. So, I will probably only get enough ready for next week and make the entire switch when my arm works better. My sister is great in the ironing department...

3. Stay Awake
After yesterday I am wondering if maybe the permanent thyroid drug I am now on needs tweaked. If I have another day like yesterday I will call the doctor to see if we need to monitor my levels now. It was a struggle to stay awake yesterday.

That is about enough on my list for one day, if I really accomplish each one I will feel pretty good. In case you are driving in my area today: You might want to watch out!

No comments: